Twitter

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Cars that communicate with you with ONSTAR

Just read an article that indicates that GM cars will now be running routine diagnostics on themselves and reporting back to you via ONSTAR.

Apparently you will now receive an e-mail from your car to let you know how it's doing. I'm pretty excited about this concept...Neverthelss a bit strange.

The marriage of technology into our day to day lives has certainly made my life a lot easier. A few items that come to mind are: direct deposits, direct debit payments, cell phones, e-mail via blackberry. Most of the mundane tasks that would eat up precious hours in a busy schedule, are now automated, and have given me more quality family time.

Getting an e-mail from my car telling me it's time for regular service, lets my brain cells think about other things...

No comments: