I got my Mom to come over and whip up a flounder dish for myself and the kids while my wife was travelling....I'm good with cooking steaks, but when it comes to fish I'm lost.
Here is what she made:
Baked Flounder With Vegetables
• 1 pound flounder fillets, cut into serving-sized pieces.
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1 cup onions, sliced
• 3 cups zucchini, sliced
• 1 cup green peppers, sliced
• 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
• 3 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground basil
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
• 1 dash hot pepper sauce
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Place fillets in a layer in greased 9-inch baking dish. Saute onion, zucchini and green pepper in oil until crisp-tender; spoon over fillets. Top with tomatoes.
Combine sherry, lemon juice, salt, basil, pepper and pepper sauce; pour over fillets.
Bake, uncovered, in preheated 350-degree oven for 25-30 minutes. Remove vegetables and fish to heated platter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve over rice. Pour pan juices over fish and vegetables if desired.Here are a few more links to Flounder Recipes on the net:
- Dijon Broiled Flounder - A simple recipe calling for flounder, Dijon mustard, and cherry tomatoes.
-- http://dinnercoop.cs.cmu.edu/dinnercoop/Recipes/sanjiv/DijonBroiledFlounder.html Home: Cooking: Fish and Seafood (10)
- Flounder Recipes - Collection includes Flounder Fillets Stuffed with Cockles, Goujons of Flounder, and Flounder with Spicy Marinade.
-- http://www.cookitsimply.com/fish-and-seafood/flounder-recipes-0020-02n75.html Home: Cooking: Fish and Seafood: Flounder (8)
- Asian Ginger-Soy Fried Flounder - Easy to prepare dish served as entree or appetiser.
-- http://www.activeangler.com/resources/cooking/recipes/flounder/flounder_recipe4.asp Home: Cooking: World Cuisines: Asian (1)
- Port Royal Seafood, Inc. - Offers fresh flounder and salmon, and fresh or frozen shrimp. Also provides several recipes from the cookbook for sale.
-- http://www.portroyalseafood.com/ Shopping: Food: Fish and Seafood: Shellfish: Shrimp (1)
- Fried Fish Sandwiches - Flounder coated in a corn meal batter creates this sandwich.
-- http://www.netcooks.com/recipes/Seafood/Fried.Fish.Sandwiches.html Home: Cooking: Sandwiches: Hot (1)
- Teachers Pet Charter Fishing - Bayfishing for rockfish, trout, croaker, spot and flounder from Solomons Island, Maryland. Boat information, reports, and recipes.
-- http://www.teacherspet-fishing.com/ Regional: North America: United States: Maryland: Localities: S: Solomons: Recreation and Sports: Fishing (1)
- Fabian Seafood Company - Family owned and operated business since 1975. Offers fresh seafood from the Gulf of Mexico, including Shrimp, Blue Crab, Oysters, Crawfish, Red Snapper and Flounder, also provides a photo album, recipes and contact information.
-- http://www.fabianseafood.com/ Regional: North America: United States: Texas: Localities: G: Galveston: Business and Economy: Shopping (1)
- Stuffed Rolled Flounder - Stuffed with hard cooked eggs, cheese, parsley, and breadcrumbs.
-- http://www.cookitsimply.com/fish-and-seafood/flounder-recipes/stuffed-rolled-flounder-0010-031o65.html Home: Cooking: Fish and Seafood: Flounder (8)
- Dunwich Flounder - Stuffing calls for Cheddar cheese, breadcrumbs, and mustard powder.
-- http://www.cookitsimply.com/fish-and-seafood/flounder-recipes/dunwich-flounder-0010-031r77.html Home: Cooking: Fish and Seafood: Flounder (8)
- Stuffed Flounder La Fourche - Stuffed with a shrimp and crab mixture.
-- http://www.landbigfish.com/recipes/showcase.cfm?recipe=242 Home: Cooking: Fish and Seafood: Flounder (8)
- Breaded Flounder - Baked covered with a bread crumb and mayonnaise mixture.
-- http://www.landbigfish.com/recipes/showcase.cfm?recipe=241 Home: Cooking: Fish and Seafood: Flounder (8)
- Baked Flounder Barataria - Calls for Tabasco sauce, paprika, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and breadcrumbs.
-- http://www.landbigfish.com/recipes/showcase.cfm?recipe=243 Home: Cooking: Fish and Seafood: Flounder (8)
- Flounder Fiddleheads - Flounder with fiddleheads and carrots, wrapped in lettuce.
-- http://www.landbigfish.com/recipes/showcase.cfm?recipe=244 Home: Cooking: Fish and Seafood: Flounder (8)
- Red Lobster Country Fried Flounder - Flounder rolled in cornmeal, salt, paprika, and black pepper, then fried.
-- http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/527/Red_Lobster_Country_Fried_Flounder35001.shtml Home: Cooking: Fish and Seafood: Flounder (8)
- Seafood Recipes - Catfish, flounder, halibut, walleye, lobster, salmon, sea bass and other recipes.
-- http://www.geocities.com/hheber/seafood/ Home: Cooking: Fish and Seafood: Recipe Collections (1)